1. Governor Dayton will sign the Marriage Equality bill into law, making Minnesota the 12th state in the nation to offer its citizens fully recognized state marriage rights, and recognizing the marriages of all people from other states as well.
2. My kids greeted me with love and hugs and kisses…and then got themselves ready while I took a moment for myself.
3. My husband woke me up and was the first to wish me happy birthday. He always does.
4. It will be over 80 degrees for the first time this year today.
5. My facebook feed was clogged up with 50+ birthday wishes…before 9am. I live in an extraordinary world with extraordinary people. Yes, I will respond to each and every one of them.
6. Plans remain uncertain this evening, but I will bring cupcakes to work today, because that’s how I roll.
7. I will give $36 to NCIRE. I started this tradition last year, giving $35 to NCIRE in honor of my shared age with John Mayer - his birthday isn’t until October, but we’re the same age 7 months out of the year and, you know. Good cause.
I’m in a really great place with my life journey. 36 ain’t so bad. I wish everyone a day filled with joy and love - knowing life is good is the best birthday present in the world.